Friday, July 25, 2008

Finding the Write Time

Engineering pays the bills, but it really screws up the time I have to write. It's not just the work hours: it's the commute. Oh, but to be able to write and drive at the same time!

I've tried dictating to myself using a tape recorder, but that just ends up frustrating me to no end. I don't think and work in a linear manner, and tape is nothing if not linear. Voice recognition, converting spoken words to text that I could read later might be interesting, but I'm imaging the transcription now...

The round should as the meter hit no that's no good don't right that oh crap it's recording this two how do I watch where you're going when will people learn two drive oh it's still recording how do I stop it what the move already people it's the pedal on the right...

Yeah, let's skip that idea for now. I'll have to find other ways to make some time to write.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008